Several of you have requested a translation of this recipe, so here it is to the best of my understanding of it. If anyone can improve on it, please submit!
Raffaello Cake With Strawberries
- 7 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 cup(144g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (50g) potato flour
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 75 g desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons of coconut liqueur
- 10 tablespoons icing sugar
- 750g mascarpone (cold)
- 200 g white chocolate
Layer of Fruit:
- 20 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + pinch peel
- 1 package of vanilla sugar
- 4 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 1-2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 – 5 tablespoons amaretto liqueur or 1 teaspoon almond extract mixed with rum or water
- 75 g grated coconut
- fresh strawberries
- ready praline coconut
- Line the bottom a mold with a diameter of 24 cm with baking parchment paper, grease the sides. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Beat the egg whites stiff, then add a spoonful of sugar, mixing all the time. Beat for about 2 minutes until the protein will be thick and glossy.
- While still whisking gradually add the egg yolks. Add in three batches sieved wheat flour and potato flour, mixing every time shortly with mixer at low speeds to render the components to a homogeneous mass.
- Next pour into the mold and bake for 30 minutes, then immediately remove from the oven and let stand on the counter to cool. Cut into 3 slices once cooled.
You can prepare the day ahead: bring the coconut milk to boil in a saucepan, add the grated coconut, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for about 30-45 minutes on low heat, occasionally stirring. Final result should be the chips absorb all the coconut milk, then add the coconut liqueur. Off the heat, add tiny broken bits of the white chocolate. Mix the mascarpone with the icing sugar (about 15 seconds), add the cooled mass of coconut and stir, refrigerate until ready to use.
Layer of Fruit:
Strawberries thoroughly wash and remove the stems. Place 2/3 of the strawberries into a saucepan, add the juice, lemon zest, vanilla, sugar, jam and mix with the blender. Add the potato flour previously mixed with 1 tablespoon of cold water ( 1 teaspoon if we use fresh strawberries and 2 teaspoons if used frozen berries), stir and bring to the boil, then remove from heat and add the chopped strawberries which were set aside. Cool thoroughly before using.
Divide the coconut mass into 3 parts, use 2 for the inside of the cake assembly and one for the top. Sprinkle with liqueur, add the mass of the coconut fruit. Refrigerate 1-3 hours, decorate.
The link for the recipe is below the image, if someone knows how to speak Polish can you please help with the translation of this recipe from the site, link is below. TKU 🙂